WINSLOW, Ariz. — The Winslow High School baseball season is off to a good start under the direction of Coach Art Griffith, who has coached baseball at Winslow High for 49 years. The Bulldogs were 6-2 after their 11-1 win the Chinle March 16.
The Bulldogs began play at Fountain Hills in a tournament and defeated Horizon Honors 23-2 in their first game. They lost to Coronado 12-1 in their first game Feb. 24. Blue Ridge defeated the Bulldogs 13-5 that same day. The Bulldogs played Monument Valley Feb. 27 and then lost to Mingus 15-1 at Cottonwood March 1.
The Bulldogs defeated the Tuba City Warriors 16-1 in Winslow March 6 and defeated the Sedona Red Rock Scorpions 18-3 at Sedona March 9. The Bulldogs remained on the road defeating the Chinle Wildcats again at Chinle March 16.
The team played the Show Low Cougars at Show Low March 19 and the Snowflake Lobos March 22. They returned home to host the Blue Ridge Yellowjackets March 26 before going back on the road to play at Payson March 30.
In April, the Bulldogs host Holbrook April 3. Then go to the Wolves Classic in Goodyear April 5 and 6 where they will meet Ridgefield, Washington, Payson and Estrella Foothills.
Following the tournament, the Bulldogs will host Snowflake April 10, then go to Page April 12 and play Blue Ridge at Pinetop April 13.
Winslow will host Payson April 17 and play at Holbrook April 20 and at Flagstaff April 21.
The last game of the regular season will be at home against Show Low April 23.
More like this story
- Winslow Bulldogs baseball off to a good start with wins over Chinle and Tuba City
- Baseball and softball season begins in Winslow with losses for Bulldogs against Blue Ridge
- Winslow Bulldogs win two, tie one before losing at Fountain Hills tourney
- Baseball, softball seasons begin for Winslow teams
- Winslow baseball and softball put up wins with few losses at start of season