Loren Silver, Navajo Language Teacher at Holbrook Jr. High and High School, is presented a plaque for “Teacher of the Year” by Jonas Yazzie, board member from the National Johnson O’Malley Association. Silver teaches students the Navajo Language and also inspires, mentors and encourages them to set high expectations for themselves.
More like this story
- Navajo bilingual proficiency for students essential
- Members of Hopi Jr./Sr. High school board receive leadership awards
- Education committee looking for members
- Navajo Nation EPA talks water pollution with Holbrook High School students
- Tuba City Primary School honors Navajo language student achievement