Seth Dick has been accepted into the Native American Science and Engineering Program (NASEP). NASEP is a yearlong program designed to provide Native American high school students with an in depth look at careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (or STEM fields); Students accepted into the NASEP program have the opportunity to connect with academic professionals and industry representatives from their field of interest; receive one-on-one college preparation coaching from university representatives; build a computer from its essential components; attend interactive workshops and family events; and learn how to effectively prepare for the college admissions process. Students accepted into this prestigious program have excellent grades, are in the top of their graduating class, are enrolled in the highest math and science classes offered at their high school level and are encouraged to pursue a career in science, technology, engineering or math.
More like this story
- Fort Lewis College to host 17th annual AISES Conference on Feb. 23-24
- Students in the Native American Science & Engineering Program aim for success
- Chemistry scholarships available
- New program aims to increase number of American Indian college teachers
- Program helps high school students in Four Corners region overcome barriers to college