WINSLOW, Ariz. - The Winslow Lady Bulldogs edged the Buckeye Lady Hawks 61-58 in overtime during an Arizona Division IV State Championship Tournament game played at Gila River Arena in Glendale Feb. 20.
The win improved Winslow's record to 17-16 and advanced them to the quarterfinal game Feb. 25 The loss ended Buckeye's season.
Winslow led by a single point 10-9 after the first quarter and by just two 26-24 at the half.
The Lady Bulldogs were up 38-34 after three quarters but Buckeye came back to tie the score at 51-51 at the end of regulation play.
Justine Butterfield had a productive overtime period scoring five of her 12 points in that crucial period.
Danielle James led all scorers with 23 points for the victorious Lady Bulldogs. Butterfield with 12 points and Adrianna Singer with 11 points were also in double figures for Winslow.
Buckeye had only one player in double figures in Jasmine Gonzales with 20 points.
Winslow will play the winner of a game between top seeded Valley Christian and Monument Valley.
More like this story
- Valley Christian eliminates Lady Bulldogs from state tourney
- Winslow Bulldogs defeat Chinle Wildcats in semi-final in Glendale
- Buckeyes knock Winslow out of playoffs in first round
- Winslow Bulldogs lose to Estrella Foothills Wolves in state semifinals
- Lady Bulldogs nip Alchesay in overtime to reach finals