WINSLOW, Ariz. — Winslow High School held its annual festival for Native Americans Nov. 30 at the student union.
The festival included a dance competition before five judges for the high school girls, who were competing for Miss Winslow Native American.
Many other dance groups were on hand to perform before the audience of about 500 people. Native food freshly made in the high school cafeteria was served.
The event was produced by the Winslow Native American Senior Scholarship Committee, Winslow Indian Education, Winslow Indian Health Care Center — MSPI program and the Winslow Promotion Disease Prevention program. Winslow School District 1 and President Lance Heister and Assistant President Cindy Maddox also supported the event.
More like this story
- Photo highlights: Native American fashion show and pageant
- Winslow Unified School District closes out November's Native American Heritage Month with 'Tribe of Many Feathers' festival
- Hopi Dancers perform in Winslow
- November proclaimed Native American Month in Winslow
- Grass Dancers perform at Winslow High School (photo gallery)