Suvoyuki Day celebrates the coming together of the state of Arizona, Hopi Tribe and city of Winslow, which work in concert to support the park. Corn was roasted in its husks all night long in a fire heated pit. The corn is removed and stacked, given to attendees during the day. Cultural dances and festivities took place during the day.
More like this story
- Suvoyuki Day at Homolovi State Park Winslow Aug. 6
- Photo highlights: Homolovi State Park celebrates Suvoyuki Day
- Homolovi Park celebrates Suvoyuki Day
- Celebrate Suvoyuki Day on July 7 at Homolovi Ruins State Park and State Parks' 50th Anniversary
- Homolovi State Park celebrates Suvoyuki Day with dancers, traditional food and tours