WINSLOW, Ariz. - The Winslow High School Lady Bulldogs softball team defeated the Blue Ridge Lady Yellowjackets 8-6 March 24 at Pinetop.
The results left the Lady Bulldogs with a 15-5 record for the season. Winslow was to play host to the the Mingus Lady Marauders March 31.
Winslow took a 1-0 lead in the top of the second inning and increased it to 3-0 in the top of the fourth only to see Blue Ridge tie the game 3-3 in the bottom of that frame.
The Lady Bulldogs went back out front in the top of the fifth 4-3 and increased the lead to 6-3 in the top of the sixth and 8-3 in the top of the seventh.
Blue Ridge scored three runs in the bottom of the seventh but fell short as Winslow walked off with their 8-6 victory.
Cheyanne Benally went the distance for the win, giving up six runs, only three of which were earned on five hits and two walks. She fanned seven.
Erica Jodie, Alyssa Smith and Tara Wilson were all three for four with Jodie hitting a home run and a triple and Wilson and Smith both hitting doubles. Hailee Branson and Taylor Holeva were one for four with Branson having a home run and Holeva a double.
Winslow will play the Round Valley Lady Elks in Eagar on Thursday and entertain the Payson Lady Longhorns on Tuesday, April 7.
More like this story
- Bulldog baseball loses to Blue Ridge and Payson, Lady Bulldogs
- Winslow Lady Bulldogs continue winning streak, boys lose to Mingus
- Bulldogs top Snowflake but lose two, Lady Bulldog Butterfield pitches a shutout game
- Lady Bulldogs beat Page for seventh straight win
- Lady Bulldogs Use Extra Innings To Defeat Blue Ridge Yellowjackets 7-6