WINSLOW, Ariz. - The Winslow Bulldogs defeated the Holbrook Roadrunners 53-47 in a tough game played in Winslow Dec. 9. The win improved Winslow's record to 2-1 and dropped Holbrook's to 5-3 but it was their third straight loss.
The Roadrunners started strong and led 15-9 after the first quarter and were still up 25-23 at the half.
The Bulldogs outscored Holbrook 22-12 in the third quarter to take a 45-37 lead that was key to winning the game.
Trelonnie Sanders led Winslow and all players with 12 points. Marcel Young led Holbrook's scoring. Tylon Yazzie was in double figures for Winslow with 11 points while Akkeem Foster scored nine and Dalvin Benally added eight. Syas Chavarillo was in double figures for Holbrook with 10 points.
Winslow had five three-point goals to two for Holbrook while the Roadrunners had 17 two pointers to just 12 for the Bulldogs. Winslow had an edge at the charity stripe hitting 14 of 16 to just seven of 10 for the Roadrunners.
More like this story
- Winslow Lady Bulldogs eke out win against Holbrook
- Lady Bulldogs fall to Holbrook, Winslow boys prevail
- Window Rock wins Chinle Tournament of Champions
- Lady Bulldogs come from behind for win against Holbrook Lady Roadrunners
- Bulldog teams gain important wins over Holbrook and Blue Ridge Jan. 30 and 31