On Nov. 15 the Winslow Bulldogs football team, coaches and managers traveled around Winslow on the Bulldogs' bus, stopping at the Winslow Fire Department, Winslow Police Department, Campus of Care Convalescent Center and the Little Colorado Medical Center. Everyone left the bus at each stop and went inside to present evening staff with thank you cards and other gifts. At the fire department, the team gave Captain Mary Ann Smith flowers and a card. The group gave Police Chief Stephen Garnett a football and a thank you card. The Campus of Care received flowers and a card. Little Colorado Medical Center's duty doctor and nurse received flowers and a card. These presentations were meant to thank those who work for community services on which Winslow residents rely. The thank you bus trip ended at Winslow High School where coach B.J. Little served a spaghetti dinner. Above: Garnett accepts a football and card from a Bulldog football player. Below: the Bulldogs football team at Little Colorado Medical Center bearing gifts.
More like this story
- WHS Plans 30-35 Passing <br>League Games During Summer
- Brandon Guzman to coach Winslow Bulldogs football
- Winslow rates above average in Community Policing assessment report;<br>New City Planner introduced<br>
- Future Bulldogs back from football camp
- Winslow Task Force studies variety of treatment options<br>