On April 26, Winslow High School played host to Arizona's oldest high school track invitational. The first Arizona high school track invitational took place around 1932, just 20 years after Arizona became the 48th state.
This year the meet began at 10 a.m. and wrapped up at 6:30 p.m. with light breezes and temperatures in the high 70s and partly cloudy skies.
In the girls competition, Show Low came in first place followed by Snowflake, Payson, Blue Ridge, Flagstaff, St. Johns, Ganado, Page, Round Valley, Coconino, Winslow, Joseph City, Tuba City, Holbrook, Chinle, Grand Canyon and Red Mesa.
For the boys, Snowflake came in first place followed by Show Low, Winslow, Coconino, Blue Ridge, Page, Payson, Flagstaff, Round Valley, St. Johns, Joseph City, Window Rock, Chinle, Tuba City, Holbrook, Red Mesa, Ganado, Hopi, St. Michael, Grand Canyon and Pinon.
More like this story
- 78th Annual Invitational Track and Field Classic
- Winslow Bulldogs baseball off to a good start with wins over Chinle and Tuba City
- Winslow Lady Bulldogs head into March 15 Payson tournament undefeated
- Winslow Bulldogs off to a strong start; 11-1 win over Chinle
- Baseball, softball seasons begin for Winslow teams