The Forest Service has prepared a Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) for the Four Forest Restoration Initiative (4FRI) that analyzes almost a million acres on the Coconino and Kaibab National Forests and proposes forest restoration treatments over a 10-year period.
The DEIS and associated documents are available at www.fs.usda.gov/main/4fri/planning.
The Forest Service anticipates that the Environmental Protection Agency has published the Notice of Availability (NOA) for the DEIS in the Federal Register. The publication date of the NOA will kick off a 60-day comment period during which members of the public may provide comments on the document.
In order to provide information, answer questions and solicit comments on the DEIS, the Forest Service has scheduled a series of more of these informational sessions.
More like this story
- Northern Arizona forest restoration efforts supported by 4FRI
- Black Mesa Trust sues Office of Surface Mining
- US Forest Service welcomes comments on Snowbowl DEIS
- First Four Forest Restoration Initiative project likely to begin in June
- 4FRI environmental impact statement clears way for forest thinning