TUBA CITY, Ariz. - Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation (TCRHCC) OB Unit nurses, midwives, and the Healthy Living Center were promoting World Breastfeeding Month on Aug. 22. They offered information on healthy eating for pregnant and lactating women, the benefits of breastfeeding, and raffled prizes such as baby baskets, breastfeeding pillow and an electric breast pump.
"TCRHCC OB Unit nurses, midwives, Peds Unit, and the Healthy Living Center encourage and promote breastfeeding as the best choice for our children and ourselves," said Mildred Garcia, Registered Nurse for the TCRHCC OB Unit. "Breastfeeding is securing the health of our children by decreasing the incidence of obesity, diabetes, and other health diseases."
For more information about breastfeeding, call TCRHCC Women's Clinic at (928) 283-2460 or OB Unit at (928) 283-2629.
More like this story
- TC Regional Health Care leads way with healthy childbirth model
- Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation focuses on diabetes prevention
- Tuba City Regional Health Care Corp. hosts community blood drive
- Balancing Motherhood Clinic opens at TCRHCC
- Navajo Special Diabetes Project puts on successful nutrition conference