PHOENIX, Ariz. - On June 18, Sutero Anessa Quintero, 19, of Whiteriver, Ariz., was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Paul G. Rosenblatt to 15 years in federal prison. Quintero pleaded guilty on March 12, 2012 to voluntary manslaughter.
On Oct. 16, 2010, following an altercation, Quintero stabbed her long-time boyfriend in the chest and back with a knife, killing him.
The investigation in this case was conducted by the Bureau of Indian Affairs. The prosecution is being handled by Dimitra H. Sampson, Assistant U.S. Attorney, District of Arizona, Phoenix.
More like this story
- Whiteriver man sentenced to nine years in federal prison for abusive sexual contact with a minor
- Navajo man sentenced to 20 years for severe child abuse
- Navajo man sentenced to 30-year federal prison term for aggravated sexual abuse of three minors
- Haulapai Nation tribal member sentenced to federal prison for assault
- Whiteriver man sentenced to life in prison for child sex abuse