SHOW LOW, Ariz. - Prominent auto dealer Gerald Hatch and wife Ruth were killed Feb. 4 when their plane crashed in Show Low. Both were 66.
The couple's son and daughter-in-law, Robb and Kelly Hatch were badly hurt and are hospitalized in the Phoenix-area as they fight to survive major burns and other injuries.
Gerald Hatch owned several car dealerships in Show Low, Snowflake and Winslow. Robb Hatch is general manager at the family's Snowflake dealership.
According to Show Low Police Chief Jeffrey Smythe, federal investigators were to examine the single-engine Cessna 209 in a Phoenix-area hanger Feb. 6. The wreckage was removed from Show Low Feb. 5.
More like this story
- Hatch legacy lives on following tragic loss of parents last month
- Winslow Ford mourns for Gerald and Ruth Hatch who died on Feb. 4
- Cake's Car Company celebrates 83 years in Winslow
- Local auto dealer gives back to Native communities
- Federal Trade Commission files complaint against Tates Auto in U.S. District Court of Arizona