U.S. Attorney Michael W. Cotter announced that during a federal court session in Billings, on Jan. 11, 2011, Fred Martin Belly Mule, Jr., a 35-year-old resident of Lame Deer, was sentenced to 20 months in prison to be followed by three years of supervised release, having previously pleaded guilty to the charge of assault resulting in serious bodily injury.Belly Mule was sentenced in connection with his guilty plea to assault resulting in serious bodily injury. On the evening of March 28, 2011, the victim was with Belly Mule at his residence in Lame Deer. Belly Mule was intoxicated and became angry. Belly Mule kicked the victim twice in the face and in the legs, punched the victim repeatedly with closed fists, dragged her around by the hair, and bit and choked her.
More like this story
- Peach Springs man pleads guilty to assault resulting in serious bodily injury
- Haulapai Nation tribal member sentenced to federal prison for assault
- Violent Crime: Frazer man Sentenced to 20 Years in Prison for Assault with Intent to Commit Murder
- Navajo man sentenced to 20 years for severe child abuse
- Pascua Yaqui man sentenced to five years in federal prison for aggravated sexual abuse with the use of force