U.S. Attorney Brendan V. Johnson announced that an Eagle Butte, S.D., man charged with sexual abuse was sentenced on Jan. 23, 2012. Jerry Matthew Chasing Hawk, 52, was sentenced to 131 months in prison, five years of supervised release. Chasing Hawk was indicted by a federal grand jury on April 12, 2011, and was found guilty after a federal jury trial in Pierre, South Dakota, on October 19, 2011. The conviction relates to Chasing Hawk's sexual abuse of an Eagle Butte woman on Aug. 8, 2009, in Fort Thompson, S.D.
More like this story
- Violent Crime: Eagle Butte Man Pleads Guilty to Sexual Contact
- Whiteriver man sentenced to life in prison for child sex abuse
- Navajo man convicted of aggravated sexual abuse
- Navajo man sentenced to 30-year federal prison term for aggravated sexual abuse of three minors
- Pascua Yaqui man sentenced to five years in federal prison for aggravated sexual abuse with the use of force