WINSLOW, Ariz. - The Winslow Historical Society (WHS) will host its annual meeting 6-8 p.m. today. All are invited to this free event at the Winslow Visitors Center, located in the former Hubbell Trading Post at 523 W. Second St.
Whether you are currently a WHS member or would simply like to find out more about
membership benefits and museum activities, join the group at 6 p.m. for 45 minutes of heavy hors d'oeuvres and socializing, followed by the annual meeting of the membership.
Current WHS members will vote on new directors of the board, as well as a bylaws change related to membership levels. Old Trails Museum Director Ann-Mary Lutzick will also present a brief update on museum plans and activities including Second Saturdays in Winslow, WHS's year-long series of programs that explore Winslow's diverse history in celebration of the Arizona State Centennial on Feb. 14.
While there, attendees can take a ticket for a chance to win a door prize, join or renew their WHS memberships for 2012, and purchase the new 2012 historical calendars, Territorial Town: Winslow, Arizona, from 1880 to Statehood. This edition explores Winslow's history prior to statehood and provides a visual sense of what it was like for the city's earliest residents, such as this early Winslow businessman promoting his store in 1910.
Please RSVP by calling (928) 289-5861. Find the on Facebook or go to www.OldTrailsMuseum.org for the latest exhibit and program information.
More like this story
- Celebrate Arizona's Centennial Tuesday at birthday bash at Winslow Visitors Center
- Winslow Historical Society holds annual meeting
- Historical ranching presentation to be shown at Hubbell Trading Post Saturday
- Old Trails Museum to host Smithsonian's Journey Stories exhibition at La Posada Hotel
- Centennial presentation at Hubbell Trading Post/Winslow Visitor Center Saturday