Army Spec. Darrell J. Yazzie Jr. has been decorated with the Army Commendation Medal. The medal is awarded to individuals who, while serving in any capacity with the Army, have distinguished themselves by acts of heroism, meritorious achievement or meritorious service.
Yazzie received the medal for exceptionally meritorious service while serving as a mailroom clerk assigned to the 428th Field Artillery Brigade at Fort Sill, Lawton, Okla. His outstanding dedication exceeded the standard for all emulate. The specialist has served in the military for 10 years.
He is the son of Darrell J. and Alma B. Yazzie of Tuba City, Ariz. His wife, Roxie, is the daughter of Lewis Hart and Lori Hart. The specialist graduated in 1996 from Tuba City High School.
More like this story
- TCRHCC physical therapist honored by Air Force
- Lt. Col. Tracey Clyde appointed as director for Navajo Veterans Administration
- Military: Thomas G. Bittick
- U.S. Army Spec. Tom killed in action in Afghanistan
- Navajo Nation's Division of Public Safety and Police Districts mourn the loss of Sgt. Darrell C. Curley