WINDOW ROCK, Ariz. - The Navajo Election Administration is accepting candidate application packets for the 2010 election cycle. The deadline to file candidate application packets is May 5.
The elected positions include: Navajo Nation President, 88 Navajo Nation Council delegate positions, the Navajo Board of Election Supervisors, Navajo Nation Board of Education and commissioners for the Kayenta Township Commission.
Filing fees are required. The filing fee to be a candidate for Navajo Nation President is $1,500; $500 for candidates for the Navajo Nation Council; and, $200 for candidates for the Navajo Board of Election Supervisors, the Navajo Nation Board of Education and the Kayenta Township Commission.
Application packets are available Navajo Nation-wide at any Navajo Election Office. For more information, contact the Central Elections Office at 1-800-775-8683.
More like this story
- Shelly announces bid for second term as Navajo Nation President
- Navajo Nation Board of Election Supervisors decides Deschene fluent enough
- Candidate filing for Navajo elections to open May 17
- Top two presidential candidates to move forward to general election
- Kayenta Township voters elect new commissioners Nov. 6