The Winslow Bulldogs were the only 3A North Region team left in the Arizona State 3A Conference Championship Tournament after quarterfinal action was completed on Friday. The Bulldogs defeated fellow 3A North Region member Window Rock 62-45 in Winslow. The Bulldogs had defeated the Scouts twice in the regular season.
The Chinle Wildcats, regular season regional champions and second place finishers in the regional tournament, lost to Round Valley 67-53 at Chinle. The Wildcats had beaten Parker 71-36 in their first state tournament game.
The top seeded Estrella Foothills Wolves crushed the Holbrook Roadrunners 111-58 on their home court. The Roadrunners had won their first state tournament game 69-61 over Sedona Red Rock.
Winslow built a 17-9 first quarter lead over Window Rock and increased the margin in each of the next two quarters to secure a surprisingly easy victory. The only team rated lower than the Bulldogs in the power point system remaining in the tournament is sixth rated Round Valley. Estrella Foothills and Safford are rated first and second respectively.
More like this story
- 3A North teams earn praise at Arizona State Basketball Tournament
- Four former 3A North Girls' teams in final eight
- Window Rock, Monument Valley, Tuba City girls advance to semi-finals
- Holbrook first seed in state tournament, Window Rock third, Winslow fourth
- Six 3A North Region teams qualify to play in state tournament