Charles McLaws, manager of Payless Car Sales in Winslow, is shown receiving a quilt from Sue Crumrine, President of Alpha Eta Chapter of The Delta Kappa Gamma International. The quilt, won by McLaws, was made and donated by Donna Guiher, member of the chapter. It was quilted by Peggy Nelson. The Alpha Eta Chapter, a society of women teachers, raises funds through a quilt raffle and a food/bazaar auction each year to give two $500 scholarships or one $1,000 scholarship to a Winslow High School senior/s planning to attend college to become a teacher. This drawing earned $576 toward the Chapter's goal.
More like this story
- Music fraternities concert to benefit Leupp Public School music students
- Superintendent Black looked at the "State of the District" at Delta Kappa Gamma meeting January 20<br>
- Photo: Material Girls Winslow Quilt Show continues
- Winslow High Honors Assembly 2010
- Just Cruisn' Car Show held at La Posada