On April 18, there was a very special guest in Winslow. Renown author Stephen Fried was at the La Posada Hotel to offer a talk about the hotel genius of Fred Harvey. As many are aware, Fred Harvey is responsible for civilizing the West and was the creator of many of America's finest railroad hotels and restaurants including perhaps the grandest of all, the La Posada Hotel. Fried has written a non-fiction book called "Appetite for America" that chronicles Fred Harvey, the impact he had on American history, his impact on civilizing the Wild West," the Harvey Girls, and more. It was a great evening for all that were interested in American history. The book was available for sale and Fried signed them. The Turquoise Room dining room had some special dishes on the menu to coincide with this event as well. The event was well attended. It was held in the LaPosada Ballroom, which is richly restored and furnished.
More like this story
- Meet Arizona's Harvey Girls Saturday in Winslow
- Winslow author to discuss her new book 'Winslow' Saturday
- OTM presents play about Mary Elizabeth Jane Colter April 8-9
- Old Trails Museum features the Smithsonian's Journey Stories
- Old Trails Museum presents Winter History Highlight Feb. 12 at La Posada Hotel