He is not dead...
I cannot say, and I will not say
That he is dead. He is just away.
With a cheery smile, and a wave of the hand,
He has wandered into an unknown land
And left us dreaming how very fair
It needs must be, since he lingers there.
And you - oh you, who the wildest yearn
For an old-time, and the glad return,
Think of him faring on, as dear
In the love of There and the love of Here.
Think of him still as the same. I say
He is not dead - he is just away.
More like this story
- Breaking down the barriers: local artist travels to help increase awareness of deaf culture
- From Navajo Reservation to NASA
- Halloween accident and a miraculous recovery<br>Joe Hittle's story<br>
- Meth...as big then as now<br>
- Book Review: Final novel by Evangeline Parsons Yazzie reveals suprsise ending