The Winslow Winter Classic girls' basketball tournament continued to be a highly successful venue for 3A North Region teams in bracket play on Friday. The region had seen six of its seven teams win in first round action on Thursday to earn spots in the Championship Bracket. On Friday, four of those teams won in the first round of bracket play and the two which lost did so to another 3A North Region team. The only 3A North Region team in the Consolation Bracket also won on Friday.
In the Championship Bracket on Friday, the Window Rock Lady Scouts defeated the Gilbert Perry Pumas 51-39 and the Tuba City Lady Warriors bested the Sedona Red Rock Lady Scorpions 41-29. The Monument Valley Lady Mustangs topped the Holbrook Lady Roadrunners in one matchup of regional teams 63-37 and the Winslow Lady Bulldogs defeated the Chinle Lady Wildcats in the other contest between two regional teams.
The Ganado Lady Hornets defeated the Joseph City Lady Wildcats in the Consolation Bracket in the only contest with a 3A North Region team in that bracket. In other Consolation Bracket games the Greyhills Lady Knights defeated the Hopi Lady Bruins 62-48, the Williams Lady Vikings bested the Payson Lady Longhorns 58-33 and the Snowflake Lady Lobos defeated the Pinon Lady Eagles 66-48.
More like this story
- Six of seven 3A North teams advance to Winter Classic championship bracket
- Lady Bulldogs nip Monument Valley to win Winslow Winter Classic Tourney
- Holbrook wins consolation bracket at Winslow Winter Classic tourney
- Winslow Winter Classic All-tournament team awards announced
- Window Rock Lady Scouts win Winslow Winter Classic