WINSLOW, Ariz.- The Winslow Bulldogs opened their 2009-2010 basketball season with an easy 66-39 victory over the Payson Longhorns in a non-regional game on Tuesday, Nov. 24. The Bulldogs maintained a double-digit lead through most of the contest after the first period.
Winslow led 14-7 after the first quarter and had built a commanding 31-16 lead by the intermission. The margin was 46-30 after three quarters and the Bulldogs maintained and increased their advantage in the final quarter.
Dale Dixon was the leading scorer for Winslow with 24 points. Jevon Estelle with 12 points and Tyler Williams with 10 were also in double figures for the Bulldogs. Payson also had three players in double figures led by Jamie Montebeau and Ever Figuera with 11 each and Cody Waterman with 10 points.
After a game against the Snowflake Lobos on Dec. 1 (score not available at press time), the Bulldogs will host the Cake Chevrolet Shootout Tournament on Dec. 3-5.
More like this story
- Basketball: Winslow boys, girls teams win at Payson
- Bulldogs keep winning streak alive with late season victories
- Winslow teams find easy wins against Payson
- Winslow Lady Bulldogs best Payson and Snowflake to take sectional championship
- Winslow Shootout sees Page Sand Devils and Snowflake Lobos in championship