WINDOW ROCK - Speaker Lawrence T. Morgan (Iyanbito/Pinedale) announces that the Office of the Speaker and the 21st Navajo Nation Council are requesting proposals from Navajo artisans to design a medallion called the Diné Nation Medal of Honor. This medallion will be for Diné (Navajo) Warriors who have served and who are currently serving in the military.
On July 16, 2007, the 21st Navajo Nation Council authorized $75,000 to pay for the design of this medallion and have now moved forward to complete this project.
Leila Help-Tulley, Legislative Staff Assistant with the Office of the Speaker is coordinating the solicitation for designers.
For more information, contact Leila Help-Tulley with the Office of the Speaker at (928) 871-7160 or you may fax proposals to (928) 871-7255.
More like this story
- Medallions awarded to Manuelito scholarship recipients
- Speaker Morgan reaffirms commitment to Desert Rock Energy Co.
- Navajo Nation Eyeglass Project will help thousands of Navajo children
- Navajo Nation Council members meet with state officials to discuss budget deficit
- Speaker Morgan attends dedication for new Pinedale Head Start building