The 59th Annual Navajo Festival of Art and Culture, held on Aug. 2-3, is part of the Museum of Northern Arizona's (MNA's) ongoing Heritage Program. Artists, traditional music and dances and Heritage Insight programming rounded out the weekend's celebration of the vibrant culture of the Diné, the largest tribe in the U.S. Photos by S.J. Wilson (Navajo Hopi Observer) and Michele Mountain (Museum of Northern Arizona).
More like this story
- Diné culture highlights MNA Navajo Festival
- Navajo Festival of Arts and Culture returns to Museum of Northern Arizona this weekend
- Celebrate the Navajo way of being Aug. 4-5 at Museum of Northern AZ
- Navajo traditions expressed at MNA arts, culture festival
- Annual Navajo Festival at MNA offers fresh perspectives on Diné culture