Hopi High boys cross country placed fourth at the Coconino Invitational in Flagstaff Oct. 6.
Rick Baker, boys cross country coach at Hopi High, said "We ran okay considering we had some runners out with injuries and we ran in a cold weather.
Hopi High placed fourth with Ronald Laban finishing in eighth place, Keith Pahovama in 19th place, Brennen Sidney in 26th, Rydell Namoki in 31st, Anthony Polyestewa in 47th, Levon Nahpi in 64th and Hootsi Honyumptewa in 66th place, which gave Hopi the total of 131 points.
Baker's expectations for the rest of the season is to have all his runners get well and prepare for the upcoming meets. He also wants the runners to stay healthy and mainly to focus on what they must do in a race.
Baker's son, Chad missed the meet due to illness, but still accompanied the team to Flagstaff in order to cheer for his team-encouraging them to be strong and run hard.
In first place was Ganado, second place Chinle, third place Sinagua, and Hopi fourth.
More like this story
- Holbrook Cross Country Invitational – Hopi Took 2nd
- Hopi boys, Ganado girls dominate Greyhills cross country Invite<br>
- Hopi High boys win cross country invite, look to reclaim state title
- Hopi boys cross country team runs to third at Mt. Sac Invitational, girls take fourth
- Hopi boys win regional cross country championship