The Navajo County Board of Supervisors awarded $5,000 to the Friends of the NavCo Coalition against Drug Abuse during the Nov. 6 Board of Supervisors meeting.
"We're so grateful for this," said Debe Campbell, NavCo Coalition Against Drug Abuse coordinator. "Any funds are a huge help to our operation."
Supervisor Jesse Thompson personally thanked Campbell for her involvement in the organization.
"This organization is so important to educating our young people on the dangers of drug use," Thompson said.
Also present was the Steering Committee, as well as NavCo's Recovery Speakers Rudy Ramirez, Sandy Brimhall and Steven Reidhead. Other supporters present were Abbie Crozier of Cellular One, John Zimmerman of Ignigte, Mayor Barbara Teague of Pinetop-Lakeside Township, Mike Mellor of Show Low Police Department Union, and Friends of CASA.
More like this story
- Navajo County anti-drug coalition launches new Web site
- Navajo County Community Against Meth becomes Drug-free America partner
- NavCo Coalition against Drug Abuse to present HBO documentary 'Addiction'
- Navajo County Anti-Drug Coalition partners with counseling center for helpline
- Navajo County Anti-Drug Coalition wraps up a highly successful 2007