Russell Means, an Oglala Lakota patriot, activist, artist, author, actor and first national director of the American Indian Movement (AIM) will speak Friday, March 9, at Future Studios, 30 Hozoni Drive, in Sedona. Means' theme will be "Matriarchy vis a vis Patriarchy." Doors open at 7 p.m. and the presentation begins at 7:30 p.m. The cost is $25 in advance and $28 the day of the presentation. For more information or tickets call 928-282-9139 or visit www.futurestudios.org.
More like this story
- Longest Walk planned to protect environment
- John Trudell: Native American activist, poet and actor dies at 69
- Pourier wins Best of Show at 97th annual Santa Fe Indian Market
- Museum of Northern Arizona exhibit challenges views of Native American art
- U.S. Olympic Gold medalist Billy Mills to speak Friday at Sinagua Middle School in Flagstaff