TUBA CITY-It's a big day at the Pavilion, we're all dressed up and have our mortarboards in place, we are all about three years old and don't know what the big fuss is about. Oh, its preschool graduation!
Twelve very young, bright and energetic students graduated from Director Carol Chee's Child Development Learning Center this year. The Center is a part of Tuba City High School (TCHS).
The graduates included: Micah Coochywtewa, Justin Dash, Hannah Grass, Naomi Goldtooth, Kylie Nez, Krystina Jenkins, Camelli Secatero, Cree Summer, Nanibaa Sischillie, Amy Tsosie, Rachel Welch and Jeremiah Yazzie.
Special event activities included an invocation by Regina Summer, preschool songs, guest speaker, Miss Western Navajo Tasheena Tisi, and guest speaker Sharlene Navajo, a teacher with the TC school district. The tassel change was conducted by Selena Chief and Alana Begay. A potluck celebratory dinner immediately followed the ceremonies at the Warrior Pavilion.
The proud little graduates will now move successfully onto kindergarten where they will learn even more.
To learn more about the preschool learning center at TCHS, call the Public Relations office at (928) 283-1185.
More like this story
- Jones family delivers "Gift of Christmas" to TC District Child Development Center for past 10 years
- TC Jr. High's record 194 grads
- Young carolers entertain in TC
- San Manuel Band of Mission Indians make donation to TC High senior class
- Tuba City High School students striving for new heights at graduation