FLAGSTAFF -- On Jan. 24, nurses from the Navajo Area Indian Health Service met in Flagstaff to acknowledge their outstanding nurses for the year 2005. An awards ceremony was held to present plaques and certificates for the following categories:
• A Dedicated Memory plaque -- Lorraine Alcott Kerley, R.N, Gallup Indian Medical Center Supervisory Clinical Nurse, at the Tohachi Clinic
• Nurse Manager of the Year plaque -- Wilhelmenia Matern, R.N., Health Systems Administrator, Ft. Defiance Indian Hospital, Na ha ta« Dzil Clinic; Honorable Mention certificates -- Donna McGowan, R.N., Gallup Indian Medical Center Supervisory Clinical Nurse/Medical Equipment Specialist; and Commander Karen Coyne, R.N., Gallup Indian Medical Center Supervisory Clinical Nurse/Intensive Care Unit
• Nurse of the Year plaque -- Lt. Demetri C. VanDeventer, R.N., Ft. Defiance Indian Hospital, Na ha ta« Dzil Clinic, Public Health Nurse; Honorable Mention certificates -- Gloria Fulton, R.N., Chinle Comprehensive Health Care Facility Clinical Nurse, Operating Room; Lt. Leah Earl, R.N. Ft. Defiance Indian Hospital Public Health Nurse; Jennifer Bush, R.N., Tuba City Indian Medical Center Clinical Nurse, Pediatric Care Unit; Lt. Malini Krishnan, R.N., Ft. Defiance Indian Hospital, Public Health Nurse
• Nurse Legend certificates for past contributions to the improvement of health and dedication of your healthcare to the patients of the community -- Shirley Nez, R.N., Grace Kellogg, R.N. and Marie Allen, R.N.
• Nurse Rookie Of The Year plaque --Erin Ward, R.N., Winslow Indian Health Care Center, Clinical Nurse; Honorable Mention certificate -- Stacey Bray, R.N. Chinle Comprehensive Health Care Facility, Clinical Nurse, Obstetrics Unit.
• Friend to Nursing certificate --Gloria Redhorse-Charley, Human Resources Specialist, Northern Navajo Medical Center (Shiprock), Human Resources Department; Honorable Mention certificates -- Kimberly Mohs M.D., Northern Navajo Medical Center, Health Promotion/Disease Prevention/Community Health Services; Gary Escudero, M.D., Gallup Indian Medical Center Clinical Director
• Special Recognition certificates -- Jarelyn Aquilar, Health Technician, Kayenta Service Unit, Emergency Department; Terri Sherman, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Ft. Defiance Indian Hospital, Na ha ta« Dzil Clinic; Ft. Defiance Indian Hospital Community Health Representative Program District 17 (Ganado) -- Joyce Moore, CHR, Katherine Curtis, CHR, Annie Shirley, CHR, Rolanda Todacheenie, CHR, Cecelia Nez, CHR, Geraldine Yazzie, CHR and Michelle Tsosie, CHR; District 18 (Ft. Defiance) --Rebecca Tsosie, CHR, Lula Watson, CHR, Maggie Redhair CHR, Patrieva Benally CHR and Veronica Francisco CHR.
• Navajo Area Nurse Consultant plaque -- Brenda Gabbard, R.N.
The organization of the nurses is called the Dine« Nursing Partnership of the Navajo Area Indian Health Service.
More like this story
- Quick Reads: week of Dec. 24
- Navajo Area Indian Health Service awards ceremony held in Flagstaff
- Health, Education, and Human Services supports funding efforts for new Gallup Indian Medical Center
- Tuba City Regional Health Care commended for services to more than 6,000 miles of reservation
- Community Health Representatives serve Hopi/Tewa with medical, housing needs