ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – New Mexico State Governor Bill Richardson and the New Mexico Rodeo Council present La Fiesta De Indios Rodeo at the New Mexico State Fairground, Tingley Coliseum in Albuquerque.
Bring the whole family to all the rodeos. La Fiesta De Indios Rodeo events include rodeo’s eight standard events for professional competitors and also include events for junior and senior competitors.
AIRCA and CNRA members may enter by calling AIRCA Central Entry Secretary Alice Dodson at 505-726-1411, 6-10 p.m. on April 18, 19 and 20.
NMRA members may enter by calling NMRA CES Janice Aragon at 505-289-9426, 5-10 p.m. on April 17 and 19.
The Tingley Coliseum at the New Mexico State Fairgrounds of Albuquerque, N.M. is the place of the exciting performances.
The shows are at 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, April 28 and 29 and 1 p.m. on Sunday, April 30. The planning team is promoting wholesome family entertainment through cultural, economic and social advancement.
Musical features are being sought. Contact Edison Bitsui at 505-264-5207 for more information on how to be part of La Fiesta De Indios Rodeo.
The governor and the council extend warm greetings to area cowboys and cowgirls, contestant families and rodeo fans throughout the Four Corners country.
Rodeo Commissioner Edison Bitsui lead the planning team for La Fiesta De Indios Rodeo, held on April 28, 29 and 30.
Bitsui asked the All Indian Rodeo Cowboys Association (AIRCA) to serve as the host rodeo organization and the AIRCA rules will apply to all but the women’s barrel racing event.
The New Mexico Rodeo Association format, which provides a greater chance for competitors to win money, will apply to the barrel racing event
The Central Navajo Rodeo Cowboys Association (CNRA) and the New Mexico Rodeo Association and the AIRCA have teamed-up for La Fiesta De Indios Rodeo.
All three associations are recognized rodeo forces within their communities. The weekend promises fierce competition and plenty of rodeo entertainment. W/A Rodeo Company stocks will be in town.
The eight major events each have $1,000 added money (double in team roping).
The four minor events each have $100 added money (double in team roping). Look out for a flyer in the local newspaper or check out www.aircarodeo.com for details.
Contestants will designate their respective association membership at the time of entry.
Just as the AIRCA promotes at all their rodeos, unity and sportsmanship are the key ingredients being promoted at La Fiesta De Indios Rodeo.
It’s Rodeo Time 2006!
• 15-16, AIRCA Membership Drive Rodeo, AIRCA Host, Ganado
• 29-30, La Fiesta de Indios Rodeo, AIRCA Host, XNT 1, Albuquerque, N.M.
• 13-14, Eagle Ridge Rodeo, AI Host, Cornfields
• 19-21, 26th Keith J. Boyd Memorial Rodeo, AIRCA I Host, XNT 2, Greasewood Springs
• 27-28, 39th Ralph Johnson Memorial Rodeo, AIRCA Host, XNT 3, Ganado
• 3-4, Kayenta All Indian Rodeo with NNPBR AIRCA Host, Kayenta
• 9-10, Southwest Classic Nite Rodeo, AIRCA Host, Chinle
11, J Bar J Rodeo, AIRCA Host, Rabbit Brush, N.M.
• 1-4, Navajo Nation Ahohai Days Rodeo, AIRCA Host, XNT 4 , Window Rock
• 14-15, 48th Little Beaver Round-Up Rodeo, AIRCA Host, XNT 5, Dulce, N.M.
• 22-23, 76th Lukachukai Mountain Rodeo, AIRCA Host, Lukachukai
• 28-30, 85th Intertribal Ceremonial Rodeo, AIRCA Host, XNT 6, Churchrock, (Gallup) N.M.
• 5-6, Tse Zhin Bii Ni Ahohai Days Rodeo, AIRCA Host, Holbrook
• 12-13, 1st Sam Lee Begay Memorial Rodeo, AIRCA Host, Flat Rock
• 19-20, 16th Lower McElmo Creek Rodeo, AIRCA Host , Aneth, Utah
• 25-27, Utah Navajo Fair Rodeo AIRCA Host, XNT 7 , Bluff, Utah
• 1-2, 14th Ramah Navajo Fair Rodeo, AI Host, XNT 8, Pine Hill, N.M.
• 15-17, AIRCA Championship Finals Rodeo, AIRCA Host, TBA
• 12-15, Indian International Finals Rodeo, IIFR Host, SK, CA
TBA, 3rd XNT Championship Finals Rodeo, AIRCA Host, TBA
XNT = Xtreme Native Tour (60 percent or better participation in XNT rodeos required)
More like this story
- Eight dollars catapults Sammy Jo White to the all around championship
- Navajos wildcards to compete at international rodeo
- Western Junior Rodeo Association season set to begin April 14
- Navajo candidates endorse Lujan Grisham for New Mexico governor
- Dine' Solid Waste Management receives New Mexico award