At 9 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 27, the morning after their 40-15 win over Holbrook, members of the Winslow High School football team were at the Winslow Public Library ready to haul boxes and boxes of books.
In his first season as Head Coach, Adam Larsen has his team participating in Community Service Projects every weekend to build character and just help out around town.
They moved cartons of books out of the library basement for temporary storage at the St. Paul's Episcopal Church before the Friends of the Library booksale in October.
George Stegmeir and Randy Pritchard of the Winslow Sunrise Lions Club provided their trucks to haul the cartons.
"Not only do we thank the football team for providing the manpower to move the many cartons of booksale items, we are grateful to the Lions' Club for providing the horsepower in the form of pickup trucks to haul them. And we thank the Episcopal Church for allowing the Friends of the Library to use a corner of their storage container until the book sale in early November," librarian Docia Blalock said.
More like this story
- Frosh football, volleyball dropped at Winslow High
- Winslow junior varsity football schedule set for season
- Winslow Bulldogs open season Aug. 30 against Holbrook Roadrunners
- Winslow Bulldogs football team to scrimmage St. Johns Friday, faces tough schedule
- Winslow Bulldogs began practice under Gracey on August 7