Janelle Manygoats of Winslow competed in the Breakaway Roping event at the 2005 College National Finals Rodeo (CNFR) in Casper, Wyoming last week. This is the fourth trip for Manygoats, a senior at New Mexico State University. She finished 14th in breakaway roping.
Every June the best college cowboys and cowgirls from the United States and Canada enter the CNFR arena in an effort to win national titles In saddle bronc, bareback, bull riding, steer wrestling, tie-down roping, team roping, barrel racing, breakaway roping and goat tying.
The students also compete for over $200,000 in scholarships from the U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Co. Scholarship Awards Program.
The 2005 CNFR took place June 12-18 in the Casper Events Center with evening performances scheduled for Tuesday through Saturday beginning. The Saturday championship round will be televised later this summer on the College Sports Television Network. Check local listings for times.
Event standings can also be found at www.cnfr.com.
More like this story
- Craig Begay, Devyn Dennison qualify for College National Finals Rodeo
- Eight dollars catapults Sammy Jo White to the all around championship
- Diné College freshman earns spot at College National Finals Rodeo
- Erich Rogers claims 2017 World Champion Team Roper title
- Western Junior Rodeo Association season set to begin April 14