Keynote speakers include Hopi, Navajo, Tohono O’Odham & San Carlos officials
PHOENIX — Hopi Chairman Wayne Taylor Jr. emphasized the importance of water to the Hopi economy and health during his speech at the 10th anChairman Taylor stated that the current Hopi water sources are not enough. He asked the state legislators for help with getting water to the Hopi Reservation either from a water pipeline from Lake Powell or from the Coconino Aquifer.
More like this story
- Tribal legislative day draws native leaders<br>
- Voicing Native American issues<br><br>
- Shelly applauds Mt. Taylor TCP designation
- Resources and Development Committee votes to table legislation reaffirming uranium ban on Navajo Nation
- Sacred Mount Taylor wins temporary reprieve from uranium mining threat