The Bulldogs could do no right and the Lobos could do no wrong.
The Snowflake Lobos seemed to play above the net all night. If there was an open foot of space on the Bulldog’s side, the Lobos found it. If both teams went up to tip a shot, the Lobos’ tip was stronger.
The Lobos beat the Winslow varsity volleyball team in every aspect of the game including the score, 25-11 and 25-15, last Wednesday.
Coach Jim Keller was not happy with any part of his team’s performance.
“Every mistake we could make, we made,” he said. “That’s the worst we played in my two years as varsity coach.”
Snowflake coach Alan Ramage said it was just one of those nights when everything landed right.
“We tried different things and came out strong,” he said.
The Lobos improved to 2-1 before a weekend tournament near Phoenix.
It was the second loss in two nights for the Bulldogs. Window Rock beat Winslow last Tuesday 25-21 and 25-17.
Home court advantage didn’t seem to help the Bulldogs start the season well. The first four competitions were played in town. The Bulldogs headed to Flagstaff last Saturday for the Coconino Invitational. Results were not available at press time.
The girls traveled to Blue Ridge yesterday and play in the 3A East Tournament Friday and Saturday in Show Low.
More like this story
- Winslow Lady Billdogs volleyball team to scrimmage Aug. 28, season to include three tournaments
- Winslow girls and boys basketball teams defeat Snowflake and Payson; head to State
- Winslow High Volleyball Team starts tough season
- Winslow Bulldogs win two, tie one before losing at Fountain Hills tourney
- Bulldogs best Maricopa in 3A state tournament