Winslow Public Librarian Dochia Blaloch reported to the Winslow City Council during their regularly scheduled meeting that the library was in great shape and progressing everyday.
She added “It seems more and more people are coming in and signing up for library cards. Many of our frequent customers have commented on many new changes going on at the library.
“The children’s room has completely been remodeled and many books have been added throughout the library. We are happy to be a part of the shared category with other libraries in the county.”
Council adopted Ordinance No. 937, authorizing the purchase of 9.19 acres of land from the BNSF Railway Company.
Also during the meeting the Council approved the following on the consent calendar:
* Approved agreement and payment for Partners for Strategic Action Inc. to facilitate an annual strategic planning session.
* Approved a maintenance support agreement and payment for the City’s new telephone system.
* Approved purchase and payment for two motor operators for overhead doors for the fleet shop.
* Approved arbitrage rebate liability payment to Greater Arizona Department Authority for water revenue bonds.
* Approved the payment for the Christmas Parade expenses.
* Accepted a grant for the La Posada from the Candelaria Fund.
Mayor Jim Boles closed the meeting and Council entered into executive session where they received legal advice for zoning enforcement cases and the purchasing, sale or leasing of city-owned property.
They also discussed Hopi Gaming in Winslow.