What candidates? What election? What have I missed? If you find yourself asking these three questions, donÕt worry, you are not alone. In fact, many others are asking themselves the very same questions.
Still confused? Let me fill you in. On May 18 the City of WinslowÕs General Municipal Election will be held to determine the mayor and three seats on the City Council. Qualified voters will be able to vote for the candidate of their choice. But who are the candidates?
Candidates for mayor are Mayor Jim Boles and write-in candidate Robert Carr. Candidates for City Council are Councilmember Robert Boyd, Councilmember Tom McCauley, Peter Cake, Kenneth Light, George McGonagill and Judy Howell.
On Monday, May 3, at the Winslow Junior High Cafeteria from 7-8 p.m., voters will have the opportunity to hear candidates voice their issues and concerns. Voters will be allowed to ask candidates questions on how they feel about certain issues.
This is a night you wonÕt want to miss. This a night that might educate undecided voters. If you donÕt know who the candidates are, donÕt miss this night. ItÕs your responsibility as a voter to have the best education possible about candidates.
More like this story
- Every vote counts; remember to cast your vote Tuesday
- Dates and polling places announced for Winslow primary, general elections
- Meet the candidates night goes well, citizen's ask some pertinent questions
- To'Nanees'Dizi/Coalmine Canyon Chapters council delegate forum tonight
- Winslow elections set for May 15