The feeling was unmistakable—intense pride in every native student and adult in the audience who attended one of three separate presentation sessions at Tuba City High’s Warrior Pavilion on Oct. 28.
This American Indian pride was generated in the body and Red Ribbon Week presentations of Billy Mills, the only American to ever win the gold medal. His came in the 10 K race at the 1964 Tokyo Olympic Games.
More like this story
- Navajo sailor, code talkers honored in ceremony
- Cory Witherill Day A Family Affair <br>
- Members of Hopi Jr./Sr. High school board receive leadership awards
- Hopi Tribal Chair nabs top business honors
- All tied up: Navajo basketball players forced to remove traditional tsiiyeeł hairstyle before game