Fern Pooyouma, coordinator for low incidence in the TC special-ed program, is a member of the Hopi Tribe and longtime advocate of students with special needs. Here Pooyouma shows an example of a low-tech tool for classroom story use. A March 14 special education in-service focused on how apects of assistive technology can be utilized for students with disabilities and have a profound effect on how each student with special needs develops and learns.
More like this story
- Hopitutuqaiki Art School raises the bar in art education
- Popular and successful Hopitutuqaiki art school remains in high demand
- Northern Arizona University president visits Hopi
- Occupational Therapy Impacts Lives Of Students With Technology And Sign Language In TC District
- Incentive plan for better teacher pay approved by Hopi High Governing Board