The National Council of Clinical Directors honored two Tuba City doctors, Dr. Kathryn Magee and Dr. Joseph Magee, as physicians of the year Sunday, Feb. 9 in San Diego. The couple are husband and wife. Dr. Joseph Magee and Dr. Kathryn Magee have worked at the Tuba City Hospital for 16 years. Joe Magee is department head for internal medicine at the Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation. He was instrumental in establishing the cardiology program, under Dr. James Galloway, which now serves patients from the entire Navajo, Phoenix and Tucson areas. Kathryn Magee is the hospital’s outpatient medical director. She’s recognized as an expert in family medicine, and was instrumental in doubling the hospital’s exam rooms, sits on and chairs numerous committees, implemented a tele-medicine link to a local chapter house, and devotes many hours to community service.
More like this story
- Tuba City hospital hit with doctor shortage in Internal Medicine and Family Practice
- Tuba City Regional Health Care Clean Up Day
- Community celebrates grand opening of Tuba City Outpatient Primary Care Center
- Education simulator obtained at Tuba City Regional Health Care Corp.
- Tuba City graduates euphoric