Jared Shupla, a graduate of Hopi High School and member of the U.S. Army recently visited the high school but anticipates being detailed to the Phillipines soon. Two weeks ago, there was a terrorist bombing in the Phillipines, but Shupla said he’s not afraid of the assignment. Shupla has been trained as a Military Police (MP) and as the gunner on a humvee.
More like this story
- Hopi soldier recounts time in Iraq
- Native K-9 officer, Jared Shupla, shares journey with Hopi High students
- Navajo WWII Alamo Scout receives medals after 69-year wait
- Hopi High Jr. ROTC posts colors for Martin Luther King Day
- Hopi School Board: no contracts for high school principal and vice principal