Throughout this month, most reservations schools from both the Hopi Tribe and Navajo Nation will feature cultural activities that can range from presentations by native resource people in their own home communities, to traditional social dances, clan runs, royalty pageants, enjoying, preparing and eating native foods with their friends and family.
Tuba City Unified School District is no exception. In fact, an entire week was dedicated to celebrating “Indian-ness” and the special status that being native brings.
More like this story
- Leaving no culture behind
- Moencopi and Tuba City endorse culture and traditions for students
- Tuba City School district names new Native Cultural Studies Director
- Haigo Hane' cultural symposium takes place at Tuba City Unified School District
- Tuba City seniors take home top honors at skills competition