By Suetopka Thayer
Photos by Byron Poocha, Media Center
Toga Day, Green Day, a district wide community parade, a football game with rival Hopi High, fireworks, the National Anthem sung live in Navajo as well as voting for Homecoming Royalty were only some of the activities that took place during the week celebrating Tuba City School District. All half time and week-long highlights coordinated by Athletic Director Floyd Haven and staff, Carlene Honyump-
tewa were planned to promote school pride and spirit made for a festive mood for community and students alike.
New 2001 Tuba City High School Homecoming King and Queen are seniors Jayme Lomakema and Dexter Dash. Lomakema/Dash’s royalty court included freshman: Lavina Jenkins, Jestin Manson. Sophomores: Kimberly North, Duwayne Johnson. Juniors: Faylene Yazzie, Donovan Goldtooth. Senior Court First Runner ups: Keri Tuchawena, Bryant Nockideneh. Second Runner-ups: Tana Yazzie, Mike Dandy. Third Runner-ups: Clarrisa Carr, Sean Nez.
More like this story
- Homecoming week capped off with naming king, queen, duke and duchess
- Tuba City Homecoming a cause for celebration in community
- 2005 Tuba City High Homecoming
- Tuba City High School celebrates homecoming 'A Nation of Warriors' theme
- Tuba City High celebrates "Warriors Around the World 2013" for homecoming