Fall is an incredible time to visit Utah’s amazing red-rock canyons. In September and October, as the intensity of summer is waning and fall beckons, Canyonlands Field Institute (CFI) of Moab, Utah is offering numerous 6-day guided land and river trips for Elderhostel participants. Those age 55 and older can immerse themselves into the landscape by canoeing the Green River (Sept. 16-21 or 23-28) or rafting the San Juan River (Oct.2-8) for six wondrous days. If sleeping next to a serene river, wedged deeply between red rock walls and under the stars is not your style, a 6-day motel based tour of Monument Valley and the Navajo Nation reveals the spirit of canyon country October 21-27.
More like this story
- Bulldogs will play Sedona Scorpions in first round
- Environmentalists want Glen Canyon Dam removed, but is that possible?
- New interpretive site at Grand Falls, east of Leupp, a cultural experience
- Guest column: Navajo lawmakers schedule Escalade special session
- 8th annual Bluff International Balloon Festival Jan. 20-22