Thirty-four new pedestrian lights show up in Winslow. City Manager John Barkley said there was a consensus among city leadership that the city needed to provide better lighting and visibility for the safety of citizens and businesses, with a focus on developing a nightlife in the downtown corridor of Winslow. Barkley said perception is reality and that to the extent that the city can provide lighting that is conducive to building a thriving city entertainment district without compromising the preservation of the night skies in Winslow, he feels the long-term benefits will speak for themselves.
More like this story
- Q&A: Winslow's new city manager shares his impressions of Winslow
- Winslow Council addresses street lights and weed control
- Downtown Vision Task Force adopts new city logo
- Winslow City Council hears reports on marijuana odor and receives updates
- New light poles installed as part of Rt. 66 restoration