A proclamation issued by Winslow City Council names July 26 -27 as Laguna Colony Days in Winslow. The proclamation honors Laguna Tribal members who settled in Winslow and reads, in part, that “the agreement between the railroad and the Laguna Pueblo was called ‘The Watering of the Flowers of Friendship.’ The proclamation was presented by Winslow Mayor Tom McCauley to four Winslow residents who lived in the boxcars; Denise Estudillo, Rosemary Natseway, Deb Stacey, and Larri Lynn. From left: Estudillo, McCauley, Natseway, Stacey and Lynn.
More like this story
- Winslow council accepts $16,000 grant for DUI/impaired driving mitigation
- Citizens Encouraged To Celebrate Police Week With Winslow Officers
- Indian Education Committee meets in Winslow
- Community celebrates contributions of Laguna Tribe
- Winslow City Council addresses sewer and water main issues at June 26 meeting