On May 23, Winslow High School graduates were recognized for their academic and athletic mastery. Principal Justin Hartman opened the event and Dr. Thomas Greenwood, WHS graduate of 1988, gave the keynote speech. Greenwood’s advice to the graduates was distilled wisdom, given with a dose of humility and self-deprecation. Salutatorian, Page Murray and two co-valedictorians, Nicolette Barton and Landon Hendricks, delivered inspirational encouragement for the class of 2018. Thirty-six organizations bestowed financial scholarships to individuals or groups of graduates.
More like this story
- Three Winslow Native American scholars awarded Gates Millennium Scholarship
- Winslow High athletes honored at awards assembly
- Tuba City High School names top athletes of 2014
- Native NAU grads awarded prestigious 'Golden Axe'
- Tsingine and Begody recognized as Athletes of the Year and Academic Athletes of the Year