WINSLOW, Ariz. — The Winslow City Council approved the appointment of Daniel Brown at its chief of police at the Winslow City Council meeting May 2.
The council met at 5:30 p.m. in a special work session for discussion regarding the proposed fiscal year 2017-18 budget to be followed by a meeting at 6:30 p.m. with the Winslow Public Housing Authority in an executive session for legal advice regarding an appointment to the Public Housing Authority.
The regular council meeting began at 7 p.m. with proclamations of May 14-20 as Police Officers Week and May 15 as Police Memorial Day in Winslow and proclamation of May 20 as Kids to Parks Day in Winslow.
There were reports on city activities by City Manager Stephen Pauken and his designees, a presentation of Police Department Employees of the Year, the quarterly Animal Care Facility and the quarterly Chamber Report and the annual Old Trails Museum report.
More like this story
- No chief of police in Winslow yet
- How To Spend Millions All In One Place?<br>Budget Planning Process Begins For 2003
- Winslow City Council honors WHS Lady Bulldogs and Pom Line
- Citizens Encouraged To Celebrate Police Week With Winslow Officers
- Jackson Thanked For Years Of Service On Planning And Zoning Commission